1. so i wanted to make up to JAPAN for neglecting it for the past few weeks and i went to kinokuniya yesterday. and who do i see on the covers of the music magazines? DBfSK. then i went to the counter to look at all the announcements and free postcards they have lying around and what do i see there? a postcard that says JAPAN AND KOREA UNITED and it's an announcement for like monthly meetings of japanese and korean people for friendship or something. i swear even japan is pimping korea now.
i went to the manga section so i could get away from korea for a couple of seconds and focus. and i'm sooooooo glad i did because that's where i found (and 2 seconds later, bought) this:
there are probably HQ scans of this photobook floating around but i took some pics with my cellphone anyway. because of the cuteness. and because i spent waaay too much on this than is reasonable and i don't care because it's matsuken and i wanted to show this to someone. sorry.
death note is sooooo three years ago. so why am i suddenly willing to shell out for ancient overpriced merchandise? it's a mystery.
2. in other news, arashi! new single!! yay!!! also, nino is starring in another drama SP. i'm so happy he's not playing another retard. and he's playing inoue mao's husband. how ever are the junxmao fangirls gonna react? bring on the fanfics.
3. my sister visits me every weekend so we could walk around the city and eat at every japanese restaurant we could find. and we read in a magazine that there's this one store that serves really good omurice so we went and looked for it last weekend. the following conversation takes place while i was looking at the subway map trying to figure out the best route to get there:
me: we could take any train on the red line, get off at this stop, then switch to any train on the....
sister: what? any train on the what?
me: the purple line.... I GOTTA INTRODUCE MYSELF.
then we started laughing and people were looking and yeah. that was a good day.
4. speaking of purple line, i always thought that was a funny song. ever since the first time i heard yoochun say "i really wanna touch myself" when ayisse made me listen to it in her car. but because of this remix, my views on this song are slowly changing:
i still think purple line is a funny song but why have i had this video on loop for the past hour? this remix somehow made me pay attention to yoochun's voice and i find that i like the quality of it better than jj's now. it's more manly. and a bit husky. and i like that.
5. speaking of yoochun, i think i love him now. i've always liked jaejoong because my sister showed me the balloons video a long time ago (yes) and then recently changmin because i thought he was extra hot in the mirotic video. but this week yoochun somehow ninja-ed his way onto the top. and i think it happened when they were guests on ontama and they were asked to sing lines from songs that started with each syllable of the words secret code (shi-ku-re-tsu-to ko-do in japanese). jj was serious about it and sang really good lines from songs but whenever they hit tough spots, yoochun takes over and wins my heart. for the syllable KU, yoochun goes "ku-gun, ku-gun" like the sound you hear when the shark stalks swimming humans in the jaws movies. then when they get to the syllable TO, yoochun starts singing "tonyo tonyo tonyo sakana no ko" you know like the studio ghibli film except that was PONYO. so yeah that's the reason why i love yoochun now. oh and because he has tattoos.
6. speaking of tattoos, jaejoong's are hot as well. and in grammatically correct english too. unlike a certain suju member i know who had "actions are more PRECTION than words" tattooed on his back. yes kangin, i'm talking about you. you would have been better off tattooing "korean number 1 handsome guy" on yourself. at least even if it's not true, all those words exist in the english language. prection. honestly.
7. speaking of korean handsome guys, let's talk about dong hae for a sec and how his charisma has gotten him parts in other artists' music videos: BoA's Key of Heart and SNSD's Kissing You. i love how in korea musicians often collaborate with other musicians in songs and videos even if they're not from the same management (wonderboys and wonderbang lol) and i rarely ever see that happen in japan and dong hae why are you so cute flirting with all nine members of SNSD and getting killed in a motorcycle accident on the way to BoA's gig??? sigh i love video whores. and collabs. which brings me to number 8 and i swear i've been postponing talking about them because of the sheer monumentality of the task but here i go anyway:
8. BIG BANG BABY.
hmmm.. i think i'm gonna postpone after all. my brain turns to mush when i think about big bang. more specifically, TOP. oh god, i think i'm gonna go change my underwear now. i'll talk about this burning hotness of a man next week. in the meantime, i leave you with this. because masamixes.com is GENIUS.